Property Manager Responsibilities:
The SDBA is seeking an experienced property management company or professional to manage the operations of the above specified properties. Duties include the following tasks:
- Primary responsibility for routine and emergency maintenance and repairs on a 24/7 basis;
- In consultation with SDBA, coordinate collection and/or eviction process as needed;
- In consultation with SDBA, negotiate renewed leases for existing tenants (multi-year leases with options are preferred) and new leases for new tenants as needed (SDBA is currently averaging one tenant vacancy per year or less);
- Address any CAM-related issues due to changes in utility billings or other factors;
- Maintain list of contractors to do repairs, preferably minority Detroit-based individuals or companies. SDBA Property Manager RFP Page 2
- Maintaining all licensing and equipment servicing and inspections such as elevators and fire safety systems. A geothermal system is also installed at the Odd Fellows Building which required annual inspections.
- Primary responsibility to secure occupancy permits, awning permits, signage permits, and any other pertinent permits from the city of Detroit.
- Development of a capital needs assessment with a three to five year timeline to be completed within six months of the signing of the initial contract;
Small Business Advocacy Center Manager
The SBAC Manager will build capacity and further develop and strengthen Detroit-based small and minority contractors to create opportunity in the construction industry by: partnering with Detroit-based subcontractors to guide them through the processes of getting bonded, DBE/Disadvantaged Business Enterprise-certified for work with the City, County, or State, as well as Prequalification status with various Prime Contractors and municipalities; brokering partnerships between prime contractors and Detroit-based subcontractors; and, linking Detroit residents with entry level construction jobs or jobs training opportunities. Activities are designed to build capacity, strengthen the industry with viable minority-owned contractors, and create diversity and opportunity for entrepreneurs of color and residents.
HUMAN RESOURCES ADVISOR
Job Type: Relationship flexibility to be an employee, contractual position, or firm
Job Environment: Occasional SDBA office meetings with most of the service completed remotely
The ideal candidate is fluent in both English/Spanish and can manage and lead the human resource practices and objectives that will provide a customer-oriented culture (for internal employees and exterior community), which emphasizes community empowerment, and strives to support the agency core values while seeking to retain and recruit staff. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with previous experience working in a non-profit environment. The Human Resources Advisor is responsible for coordinating and maintaining day-to-day human resource duties and working closely with the executive team in planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resource policies and practices. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but serves as a content and policy expert and professional resource for other positions in the organization.