Property Manager Responsibilities:
The SDBA is seeking an experienced property management company or professional to manage the operations of the above specified properties. Duties include the following tasks:
- Primary responsibility for routine and emergency maintenance and repairs on a 24/7 basis;
- In consultation with SDBA, coordinate collection and/or eviction process as needed;
- In consultation with SDBA, negotiate renewed leases for existing tenants (multi-year leases with options are preferred) and new leases for new tenants as needed (SDBA is currently averaging one tenant vacancy per year or less);
- Address any CAM-related issues due to changes in utility billings or other factors;
- Maintain list of contractors to do repairs, preferably minority Detroit-based individuals or companies. SDBA Property Manager RFP Page 2
- Maintaining all licensing and equipment servicing and inspections such as elevators and fire safety systems. A geothermal system is also installed at the Odd Fellows Building which required annual inspections.
- Primary responsibility to secure occupancy permits, awning permits, signage permits, and any other pertinent permits from the city of Detroit.
- Development of a capital needs assessment with a three to five year timeline to be completed within six months of the signing of the initial contract;
SDBA is seeking to identify a qualified candidate for the position of part-time Receptionist to manage our front desk two days per week and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks for the Association. Time commitment: Not to exceed 25 hours per week
Example of Duties:
- Assisting with the day-to-day administration of the Southwest Detroit Business Association
- Answering phones and greeting visitors demonstrating high quality customer service.
Assisting with basic office administrative tasks including but not limited to:
- Email and phone communications with contractors, tenants, business owners, and property owners
- Mailings – Receiving and sorting daily mail
- Supply ordering
- Data entry
- Basic research
- Occasional special event assistance
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and office supplies
- Other related duties as assigned